Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Welcome, Fall



Pier1
HI friends! So apparently my blogging habits are only seasonal... I am going to try and get back in the swing of things, but even if I continue to be inconsistent, I couldn't resist a fall blog post. First and foremost, HAPPY FALL! I am so excited for this season, as you all know, it is my favorite. Don't worry, I decorated starting September 1st just to make sure everyone would be up to speed three weeks later when fall actually started :) Some of my favorite fall finds this season are from Pier1, specifically the fall throw pillows. There is nothing more fun to me than mixing up your living room decor with a little seasonal flare. I took this photo really quick in the store, but online there are so many more adorable pillows that I wanted to snatch up.  I unfortunately had to pass on buying some of my favorites, however Target's Fall Offers were too hard to resist, so go and check them out as well! I bought a few small signs, candles, and mini pillows all for under $15! I am sure I will make my way back to Pier1 though because this display just can't be beat.                                            


My fall shopping did not stop there though of course. My home would not be complete without a big bouquet of fall flowers. I know it sounds crazy, but I always get my flowers from Kroger (Payless, whatever is near you) and I am never disappointed. Besides the lovely flowers I can get at the store, I have also loved getting wild flowers from the local farmers market on Saturday mornings while I can. They have been absolutely stunning, but there season is slowly coming to an end. The bouquets always seem made with a little extra love, but then again, that's probably just me being a little over the top about my love for fall.

For the first time ever, I also got to go through a corn maze! My friends had all done it the year before, but I was too much of a penny pincher to do it. This year, I was given the opportunity to walk through this massive corn maze (free, might I add) through my church, and it is officially added to my Fall Must-Do's every year now! It was so fun even though I am directionally challenged, and it was also really beautiful out there. Where the corn maze was also had all kinds of fun games set up, a little playground, rock wall, gift shop, and pumpkin patch where I got my pumpkin for the season (which was actually my favorite part) making for an all around fun atmosphere.  I wish I had taken more pictures along the way of the maze and of the property it was on, however I only snapped one photo towards the beginning of the challenge at the beginning of the maze.  To say the least, this kicked off my fall season even better than the shopping. 

My fall obsession (and shopping obsession) however reemerged and extended all the way to Chicago and into my wardrobe thanks to Ann Taylor Loft. I was able to get a ton of work clothes in all kinds of fall colors and patterns, and I am so excited to break them out this week! This mini-adventure has been one of my favorites so far this season, not necessarily for the shopping but the celebration attached to it. Over this past weekend, I got the opportunity to celebrate my wonderful mother in the windy city. She is the big 5-0 this year, and she is rocking it better than anyone I know.  Of course, we celebrated her birthday in Chicago shopping on Michigan Ave., and she was also able to score free tickets the the Bears game against Oakland so we got to do all of our favorite fall things in one fellow swoop.  We also got to stay at an incredible hotel of the weekend, and I was able to pull off a few surprises upon our arrival. I have posted about some of my Chicago favorites in my previous post, Sweet Chicago, if you want to check out all of the traditional things we make sure to do while we are in the Big-Little-Windy City.

To say the least, our weekend was packed with tons of fun, selfies, and some hard core fall festivities (Shopping, football, hot chocolate, etc.)! Chicago seemed to even dress up for the occasion with their street pumpkins, which of course I had to get a picture of!





There are definitely more adventures to come, starting with my Fall Pinterest Board and all the pumpkin treats I have yet to make.  Hopefully there is another adventure for me to post about here soon!

Thanks for reading, 

T. Hall 

No comments:

Post a Comment