Sunday, April 5, 2015

Sweet Sunday


So, I think I am going to start a weekly tradition for my blog called Sweet Sunday, one, to keep me blogging every week, and two, simply because Sunday is my favorite day (and when I have to most time, usually) to do what I want.

I like this theme mostly because baking and blogging seem to be my release, especially after weeks like this past one. When I need to unwind, I love to bake, and I love to share whatever I am making with the people I love most; for food is the key to everyones' heart, right? :) As I have mentioned before in previous posts,  "gifts" are my love language; both in showing my love for others and to receive from others.  Not in a way where I need material things constantly, but the gift of time or thought. Those are the kinds of gifts I love most.  So knowing all of that, Sweet Sunday posts seemed like a tradition I needed to incorporate in my Normal Ordinary.  I also think having a themed post like this will keep me accountable in serving people, as we should never forget the power of love.  That brings me to the reason why I picked this week to start "Sweet Sunday".  This weekend is Easter weekend; the symbolic weekend of when we were all given the greatest gift, the "sweetest" gift for my blog purpose; Eternal Life.  Sometimes, I feel like the love I give to others is my doing, and vise versa. I get lost looking for love and trying to capture the hearts of people on earth when really it is God's heart that I should be seeking and reflecting to those around me because His love is always greater. Jesus paid it all, and I know I am here to pay it forward and show others the love He has for us: enough love that He sent his son to conquer death and save us ALL from sin.  For that reason, this Sunday is the sweetest Sunday of all the Sundays in 2015 for it signifies Jesus paid in full when He died and rose from the grave to provide us with life beyond what we experience on earth.







His love is much more everlasting than my baked goods will be or whatever else I get to write about for these weekly posts, so don't miss that. He is Alive, and He loves you more than you could ever imagine.  I can only hope that these posts will help show a small portion of His love to those around me and will encourage all of you in the same way.








Of course I can't resist posting at least one dessert recipe for my first Sweet Sunday. So I have two of them :)  I made this Mouth-watering Four Berry Pie (except I didn't include the raspberries) and also Mix and Match Mama's Marshmallow Peeps S'mores for this divine Easter weekend.  Check out the links for the recipes in full- I definitely recommend both.  If I were to make the pie again, I would only use 3-4 cups of berries instead of 6, and I would use a different recipe for the pie crust. This one was good, and I think I would have liked it more had I made more of a sugary-type topping, but regardless, this was a very delicious cobbler-type pie with all the berries. It went perfectly with the Vanilla Bean ice cream, and keeps well in the fridge after baking.







The Peeps S'mores haven't technically been served yet, but each component is delicious by itself so far. I am serving them later today at my family's Easter dinner.  I will be icing them with the homemade chocolate frosting (also in link above) which I am beyond excited for. I think we will have plenty of sweetness to share for everyone :)
The Frosting is the best part!


















Thanks for reading, and Happy Easter everyone!


T. Hall












No comments:

Post a Comment