Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sweet Sunday: Sister Addition







My Sweet Sunday #2 is a shot-out to my sweet sister who turns 13 today!!!!!!! The teenage world is a scary place, but I think she can handle it…. she is sure ready. I'm pretty sure she is 13 going on 25 because she is so mature… more mature than I ever was at her age. She ceases to amaze me in all that she does, and I am so excited to see the impact she makes on this world.  There is no one I would rather attempt to cook with (and usually burn something in the process with), play sequence with, FaceTime with, or tell stories with. I am so thankful to have a sister as incredible as her. Age is just a number when it comes to the two of us, and our larger age gap doesn't seem to make a difference in closeness.  
I wasn't gifted with siblings until I was 9, but my goodness, Lexi was sure worth the wait. I was so excited to be a big sister, and I could not have imagined Lexi was born at 1:17pm on Friday, April 12, 2002, and at the time I think I was more excited that I was missing a spelling test at school than anything else. We celebrated our two birthdays, and my stepmom's birthday as well (all our birthdays are within 8 days of each other).  The whole family told stories for hours about this little one and all of us old people can't believe that she is a teenager.  As she enters her crazy hormonal changes, learning how to drive, her first dates, maybe her first love, all the high school sports, drama, competition, and fun, I can't help but get more and more excited for her and to watch her grow through this stage of life. I feel like it was just yesterday I was in her shoes, but as of a week from Monday, that will be 9 years ago. 

The "sweetest" things that I think I am looking forward to Lexi experiencing the most (and hearing stories about) are:


:: Her first dance ::
:: Her first REAL date ::
:: Where her and her friends go or hangout after football games ::
:: What her favorite classes will be ::
:: What her most embarrassing moments are ::
:: What will she be involved in, if anything, besides swimming ::
:: Her learning how to drive ::
:: How tall she's going to be :: 
(she's already 3 inches taller and two shoe sizes bigger than me)
:: What her favorite things to do will be ::
:: her growing into an even cooler and more confident human than she is now ::



As of yesterday, she wants to pursue optometry like me, her favorite color is blue, she would love to swim and college, and she unfortunately wants to go to IU..  in about 5 years, I will have to report back and see how all those things change.  Here are some pictures to show how she has changed thus far:

2009


2012


2014

2015

                                       


OUR DESSERT CHOICES, including the lemon bars featured above :)
My Choice: Fluffy Banana Cream Pie           Tiffany's Choice: Vintage Cake         Lexi's Choice: Lemon Bars 








Happy Sweet Sunday and Happy Birthday to my Sweet Baby Sister!

Thanks for reading,
T. Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment